View of the platforms of the Central Railway Station, Brisbane, ca. 1911
Steam passenger train at the platform, right hand side. Clocktower on Ann Street, part of the station’s facade was designed by the former Colonial Architect, J J Clark.
Brisbane City Council Four Motor tram 433 in the siding off Grey St at South Brisbane Railway Station, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
Photo was taken on August 2, 1968 and was scanned from a colour slide.
The tram will operate to the City terminus in St Pauls Terrace.
Brisbane City Council (BCC) FM tram 515 Valley Junction bound in Queen Street, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
Photo taken 4 October, 1968.
Brisbane Four Motor Trams 495 and 512 in Queen Street at Edward Street, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia - Night Time.
Night Time in Queen Street at Edward Street, Brisbane showing City Council four motor trams just 6 days prior to the closure of the tramway system. Tram 495 is on its way to Mount Gravatt while 512 is bound for Breakfast Creek.
Built by convicts during Captain Logan`s period as commandant of the Brisbane settlement (1826-1830), the Observatory was a mill which produced flour and maize meal.
Burleigh Heads viewed from Miami on the Gold Coast, Queensland, ca. 1954. Golden sands of Burleigh Heads with the headland on the horizon.This photograph is an original Murray View postcard, no.38.
Decorative window display of T. H. Thomas’ ice cream parlor, situated on Queen Street, Brisbane. The American eagle and flag insignia was displayed on the front windows.
Construction of the bridge began in 1935 and it was opened on the 6th of July, 1940 by the then Governor of Queensland, Sir Leslie Orme Wilson. The bridge is named after John Douglas Story, an influential public servant and vice-chancellor of the University of Queensland.
Locomobile with James Trackson at the tiller with his mechanic leaving Parliament House after the steam car had been inspected by special request by the Governor of Queensland, Sir Henry Norman. The steam powered Locomobile was manufactured in the USA between 1899 and 1903. James Trackson was a pioneer of Queensland motoring, and imported this car, quoted in many sources to be the first car in Queensland. Mr Trackson’s steam car was reportedly not popular with the authorities, who applied the by-laws on the running of steam rollers to his car, requiring a man to walk ahead of it with a red flag. This may have been the reason for his visit to the Governor! (Description from photograph)
Sources: State Library Queensland